Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Check It.

God is good.

The more i think about it, and the more i experience life here in Tijuana, i know He is good. I am constantly reminded how small and unworthy we are. Why is it that we as Christians think that just believing is enough? When did we start to think that our faith should be safe, comfortable? Thats not faith. When did any of the disciples do anything that was "safe"? I just get frustrated. And being here has really showed me what a believer, a follower, a disciple of Christ should look like. Its no about us. Its not about what God could do for me, how i can fit Him into my life, its not about "Well, i go to church. I'm going to heaven". Jesus came to make disciples. Disciples that dont focus on themselves, but see what God sees. Disciples that do His work, and not their own. And Disciples that honor Him, and have obedience to Jesus Christ. Lets become uncomfortable, unsafe, and more Christ like.


no reserves.
no regrets.
no retreats.

2 comments:

Ryan Guard said...

Most Christians say things like this from comfy houses right before a huge meal... you, my friend, have earned the right to be frustrated :)

Travis Chavez said...

Frustrated is an understatement. God is really opening my eyes here. When I see people come and go and dont "get it", it kills me.