Thursday, May 29, 2008

5/28

first off, i cant remember the last time i took a shower. That es no bueno. This place totally sucks time by so fast. I never know the day the time. I cracked my self up today because i seriously thought it was saturday. im not used to have people come and go so fast. I think i build a pretty good relationship with some people who come down, but right at that point, they're gone and a new group comes in. I like it, but then I dont. God is definitely using me in a way i'm not used to. But it is His plan, and i know that something great is coming out of this... I'm experiencing so much, and absolutely love not having the "stuff" i have back home. Last friday i pushed a suburban that was probably made in 1914 a half mile through the border coming into the states, witnessed a drug bust at the border, learning how to "fix" things that i know nothing about. and i'm pretty sure i witnessed a murder 20 minutes a go across the street. And those are nothing compared to what God is showing me about Himself, its amazing. He is amazing.

2 comments:

Kevin Eberhart said...

travis chavez!!! i miss you so much, i do think that make me think about you and it makes me so sad :( but im sooooooo stoked for you and for your experience!! i cant wait to get to see you!! oh oh oh we got a new pastor!! hes really cool and his daughter is my age and ive been talking to her a lot :) i love love love love love you and i miss you and i totally sound gay right now haha

Christopher. said...

Man, i'm honestly jealous!
I can't wait til I graduate. I'm definitely going down there.
I'm still so excited for you!

Hah, about you fixing things. I saw on your facebook some tagged pictures, and one was captioned "Travis fixing our mistakes". I chuckled.

And, you're coming to Hume!